- Posted by
Nov 12, 2018
Yummy Buttermilk Rusks for you to make at home and enjoy with your favourite cuppa!
3 cups (750ml) cake flour
10tsp (50ml) baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup Wholewheat ProNutro
2 cups (500ml) Oat Bran
1 cup (250ml) sugar
6Tbs (90ml) canola oil
2 cups (500ml) plain yoghurt
2 small apples, peeled and grated
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
1tsp (5ml) caramel essence
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Spray 2 swiss roll pans with spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add Oat Bran, ProNutro and sugar. Mix well.
- In a 1l jug mix oil, yoghurt and eggs. Add grated apples and vanilla and caramel essences.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix well til it forms a stiff, sticky, spoonable dough. Spoon into the swiss roll pans and smooth the surface with your hands.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into fingers.
- Remove from the pans, pack onto a baking sheet and dry out in a low oven (50°C) overnight.
Store in an airtight container.
Makes 54 finger rusks: Each rusk contains 2g protein.